Forums

TopicHow to Develop Effective Communication Skills

• Fri 18th Aug 2017 - 9:14am

Eighty-five percent of effective communication is something other than the words we say. Studies have shown the influence of tone and body language to have greater impact on in-person communication than the words we choose. Effective Communication The old adage "It's not what you say, but how you say it," is true.

Key-points to focus on for Effective Communication:

1. Sending the message doesn't necessarily equate with comprehending the message. While we believe our message to be clear and concise, the results do not always follow. Verify and confirm that there is mutual understanding.

2. Meanings are held in people, not in words. Words can mean different things to different people.

3. Communication is not about the speakers intended message -- it is about what the listener perceives. Perception is reality. In asking the question "Why are you solving the problem that way?". The intent can be perceived as judgmental, but if you rephrase it to say, "That's interesting can you explain your thinking to me?" Hear the difference? Seek to be less ambiguous in your communication; leave less to the interpretation of the listener.

What are several barriers that impact our ability to have effective communication? People have different values, experiences, personalities and roles, that lead to different interpretations of what is spoken.

What action steps can you take when speaking to enhance effective communication?

Be specific: Who, What, Where, When and Why, address the key points and be concise. 
    Take responsibility: Understand the impact of your attitude, the use of "I" invites dialogue, "You" invites rebuttal. 
    Be adaptable: Be aware of the differences with your audience and be willing to adapt your approach. 
    Check for accuracy: Listen for understanding.

Remember, communication is a two-way process. It is not just sending Effective Communication your message but how it is received and understood. On that note I am asking for your feedback on this topic. Effective Communication has been of keen interest to many of my clients. Do you have specific issues or challenges that you would like addressed on this topic? Please let me know what you think. Thanks for your feedback.

• Mon 16th Oct 2017 - 11:53pm

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to offer something again and aid others like you aided me.

Step and repeat printing nyc
  • Fri 20th Oct 2017 - 12:35am

We are experienced in all aspects of residential and commercial landscaping in Richmond Hill. We create outdoor spaces where your senses can experience that extraordinary feeling by letting beauty indulge you and provide you the escape of the demands of everyday life. Our unique designs are based on proper plant and material selection. We base our work on the teaching of our natural environment.
    new market landscaping

• Sat 21st Oct 2017 - 11:11am
    lifestyle pr firms
  • Sun 22nd Oct 2017 - 2:17am

I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. lifestyle pr firms

• Tue 24th Oct 2017 - 9:19am

Very interesting insights, will be back for more!journalism apps

• Wed 25th Oct 2017 - 8:29am

I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.  journalist tools

• Sat 28th Oct 2017 - 11:44am

little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog! long island pr firms

• Sun 29th Oct 2017 - 1:02am

I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! long island public relations

• Mon 30th Oct 2017 - 10:17am

I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you!

nairobi raha

• Mon 30th Oct 2017 - 12:00pm

Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a entirely differenthorse racing betting 

• Fri 3rd Nov 2017 - 1:21am

I suppose you will keep the quality work going on. download latest mp3 songs

• Fri 3rd Nov 2017 - 1:41am

I truly like that. Much obliged so parcel for your assemble.

the best of the doors

• Fri 3rd Nov 2017 - 4:20am

I've read many of them and also got so much from them. In my experience, you do the truly amazing.pr on a budget

• Fri 3rd Nov 2017 - 4:25am

I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! pr release

• Sat 4th Nov 2017 - 9:29am

I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to see new information on your blog.

senior moving companies
  • Sun 5th Nov 2017 - 2:31am

Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. 

link:
  • Sun 5th Nov 2017 - 9:32am
    Like DonBeats said above good luck finding someone willing to buy rap beats the work in like you i have recorded many artist and they talk a stems and low prices but when its time to target a song and put some rap beats in learn how to use these lessons out here they fade away doing nothing but posting a comment on some random music site expecting the world to buy rap beats to them. rap instrumentals
  • Tue 7th Nov 2017 - 4:27am

Hope you continue

florida public relationsto share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read.

• Tue 14th Nov 2017 - 9:43am

informative post and your post looks very interesting for me. Happy New year quotes 2018 

Please register or login to post forum replies